Saturday, November 9, 2013

Les Petits Bretons - Sophie et Robert

 
After a little over a week in France, we have a weather window we only dared dream of and will be heading out in the morning, destination Tenerife, Canary Islands. We have had a great time here and spent a little time out and about and even did some shopping today. I am truly amazed that I have only been to France twice in my life and both times I went to the bakery to stock up before departure and they were closed. How could this happen to me?!?!  I can't complain much. We have frequented the local bakery all week and all of us are committed fans. France was on my original list of places to visit but was written off because of the original Bay of Biscay plans; I feel like this was a special gift, just for me, a bonus week.

I spent some time nosing about the shops this morning and had a hard time not buying a bunch of new clothes for the kids and finally settled on these little sailor shirts, berets and a flag. Anna had two compliments from complete strangers before we were even out of site of the store. She looks great and VERY French. We've been using their middle names this evening Sophie et Robert.  Bon Nuit!

1 comment:

  1. We met a Breton couple here in Nazare, Portugal that told us LaDue is a Breton name meaning 'Black'. Perhaps Les Petits Bretons is not all that far from the truth?

    ReplyDelete