Sunday, April 6, 2014

Finn's St. John Blog


 
Me and Dad went on a hike today and we saw six white tail deer.  We were hiking on the island of St. John in the US Virgin Islands group.  We also went down a long wooden path with a troll bridge and saw a lake with funny birds in it.  The trees made the path feel like a tunnel and that’s where we saw the deer.  I ran on a huge beach all the way back, really fast!  It was a good running beach.  We also went snorkeling this morning and I got to touch a real turtle’s shell.  I tried to grab it but he zoomed right out of my hands.  We also saw a ray and a barracuda.  I didn’t see the barracuda but Anna did.

 
Yesterday we took a long dingy ride into town.  We found a playground with a little ship and a tunnel but it didn’t have a steering wheel.  We pretended it had a tiller.  We went to the Ranger Station and I got a bug coloring book and I learned about Elephant Stag Beatles.  I really like the bug book.  Anna got a book too.  We went for a walk in the town and Anna got chocolate ice cream that she shared with Mom.  I got vanilla ice cream and shared it with my Dad.  We had a fun time together.  We went snorkeling too and we saw two tarpon, two rays, and a barracuda.

 On our trip to this island from St. Martin we caught a black fin tuna.  We ate him because we were not afraid that he was poisonous.  We might have caught more fish but we had weeds on the other lure.  We caught the one fish on the starboard side and on the other side we only got weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment